In conversation with Elizabeth Pollman
In this first episode of ECGI Conversations, Dr. Tom Gosling, Executive Fellow at ECGI and LBS, speaks to Professor Elizabeth Pollman about her paper "The Corporate Governance Machine" co-authored with Dorothy Lund.
Find out Elizabeth's thoughts on these key issues:
- Corporate purpose
- Co-opting aspects of stakeholderism to the shareholder value cause
- The move from CSR to ESG
- Does ESG activity actually benefits stakeholders and society?
- Public Benefit Corporations
- Reforming corporate governance to encourage a more responsible form of capitalism.
We hope you enjoy the conversation - to read the full paper, please visit this page.
- Lund, Dorothy S. and Pollman, Elizabeth, The Corporate Governance Machine (2021). Columbia Law Review, Vol. 121, p. 2563, 2021, U of Penn, Inst for Law & Econ Research Paper No. 21-05, European Corporate Governance Institute - Law Working Paper No. 564/2021, USC CLASS Research Paper No. CLASS21-15, USC Law Legal Studies Research Paper Series No. 21-15, Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3775846 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3775846