Pedro Matos is the Academic Director of Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management, holds the John G.
In 1819, Thomas Jefferson founded the University of Virginia and inaugurated a bold experiment – a public university designed to advance human knowledge, educate leaders and cultivate an informed citizenry. The University of Virginia is an iconic public institution of higher education, boasting nationally ranked schools and programs, distinguished faculty, a major academic medical center and proud history as a renowned research university. Designed to foster innovative thinking, the University’s eleven distinguished schools bring together a variety of disciplines, resulting in powerful solutions to complex challenges.
For 2019, the University was ranked the No. 3 best public university by U.S. News & World Report. In the 20 years since U.S. News began ranking public universities as a separate category, UVA has ranked in the top three and continues to rank in the Top 30 among the best of all national universities, public and private.
Darden School of Business
Darden School of Business is the graduate business school associated with the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. Darden offers MBA, Ph.D. and Executive Education programs.
The Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management (Mayo Center), at Darden, advances the study and practice of asset management through top-quality research, regular conferences and activities, support for the students of Darden Capital Management (DCM) and the development of educational programs.
The research center's activities include:
- Publishing leading-edge research in top journals;
- Hosting highly regarded conferences, such as Darden's International Finance Conference, the Shanghai Investing Summit 8 April 2017 and theUniversity of Virginia Investing Conference (UVIC), which took place 9-10 November 2017;
- Identifying best practices in asset management through research and interaction with practicing managers in the field;
- Developing asset management cases and other educational materials, to be published by Darden Business Publishing;
- Enhancing DCM, the student-run investment fund and creating new educational programs at Darden;
- Continuing the proud history of partnership with the CFA Institute, dating back to legendary Darden figures and early CFA leaders, C. Stewart Sheppard and C. Ray Smith.
Founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819, the University of Virginia School of Law is the second-oldest continuously operating law school in the nation. Consistently ranked among the top law schools, Virginia is a world-renowned training ground for distinguished lawyers and public servants, instilling in them a commitment to leadership, integrity and community service.
Some of the programs:
- Law & Business Program
- Program in Law and Public Service
- International Law
- Constitutional Law/Legal History
- Public Policy and Regulation
- Program in Law and Humanities
At Darden School of Business: