Call for Papers: The Role of Family Firms in Long-Term Sustainability
- 12 - 13 June 2024
- Vilnius, Lithuania
CALL FOR PAPERS
Baltic Family Firm Institute - ECGI 2024 Conference
The Role of Family Firms in Long-Term Sustainability
1 February 2024 (midnight CEST)
12 -13 June 2024
ISM University of Management and Economics, Vilnius, Lithuania
Morten Bennedsen (University of Copenhagen and ECGI)
Valdone Darskuviene (ISM University of Management and Economics)
Anete Pajuste (Stockholm School of Economics in Riga and ECGI)
ABOUT THE EVENT
The conference will focus on how family-owned enterprises can harness their long-term vision and values to strengthen the sustainability of both the firm and its stakeholders. Research on sustainability in family businesses is still in its early stage. The discussion will revolve around the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead for the next generation of family business leaders, and practical guidance for family enterprises shaping the future. This event is part of the Family Capitalism pillar of the ECGI’s Responsible Capitalism project.
The aim of the academic track of the conference is to attract current research papers in the field of family businesses. The conference organizers are inviting researchers to submit recent papers or extended abstracts on family business topics. Each paper will be assigned a discussant, and time will be provided for questions and comments from the audience.
A selection will be made by the conference scientific committee from papers and abstracts that are submitted before the deadline of 1 February 2024 (at midnight CEST). Researchers will be notified whether their paper has been accepted for the conference before 1 March 2024. Program queries should be directed to Anete Pajuste (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Submit here: https://gcgc.submittable.com/submit/278868/baltic-family-firms-institute-ecgi-conference-2024
CONFERENCE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- Vita Akstinaite (ISM University of Management and Economics)
- Morten Bennedsen (University of Copenhagen and ECGI)
- Janis Berzins (BI Norwegian Business School)
- Valdone Darskuviene (ISM University of Management and Economics)
- Krista Jaakson (University of Tartu)
- Valerija Kozlova (RISEBA University of Applied Sciences)
- Anete Pajuste (Stockholm School of Economics in Riga and ECGI)
- Alminas Zaldokas (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- Conference venue: ISM University of Management and Economics, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- The academic track of the conference will take place on June 12-13, 2024. In addition to the academic track, there will be keynote speeches, panel discussions and workshops involving family business members, as well as participants from industry and the public sector.
- The conference dinner will be held on the evening of June 12, 2024.
- Conference participation (including meals) is free for presenters and discussants. Participants are responsible for their travel and accommodation expenses.
Note: It is intended to convene this meeting physically.
This event is part of the ECGI Responsible Capitalism Initiative