Call for Papers: The Law and Finance of Private Equity and Venture Capital
- 12 - 13 June 2024
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Law and Finance of Private Equity and Venture Capital
12 - 13 June 2024
The DFG LawFin Center at the Goethe University in Frankfurt
The LSE Law School
The Faculty of Law of the University of Oxford
The Institute for Law & Economics at the University of Pennsylvania
Conference organizers seek to attract research of the highest scholarly quality in the fields of law and finance related to private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC), broadly defined, to be presented at the Conference. We invite researchers to submit either (1) a working paper that will not yet be published at the time of the Conference, or (2) an earlier-stage research project in the form of an extended abstract, via email to email@example.com with title “2024 Conference Submission” by February 29, 2024. Those who hold a full-time academic appointment but have not yet received tenure as of the submission are especially encouraged to submit.
The organizers will select papers and assign each of them one or more discussants chosen from among distinguished practitioners, industry representatives, policymakers, finance scholars, economists, and legal scholars. There will also be ample time for a general discussion of each paper among conference participants. Authors of accepted submissions will receive a notification by March 29, 2024, and will have until April 5, 2024 to confirm their participation.
- Luca Enriques (University of Oxford and ECGI)
- Jill E. Fisch (Penn Carey Law, University of Pennsylvania and ECGI)
- Suren Gomtsyan (LSE Law School)
- Geneviève Helleringer (Essec Business School Paris, University of Oxford, and ECGI)
- Casimiro A. Nigro (LawFin, Goethe University Frankfurt)
- Elizabeth Pollman (Penn Carey Law, University of Pennsylvania and ECGI)
- Tobias H. Tröger (LawFin, Goethe University Frankfurt, SAFE and ECGI)
- Simon Witney (LSE Law School)
Travel and accomodation
Presenters are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses. Some funds may be available to help defray reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for presenters who indicate such need.